HDi has been providing Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) to our customers for over 30 years. We developed the concept that is now an industry standard.
VMI functions by providing a dedicated vendor managed inventory rep for your location, who comes on the same day, around the same time at the interval that works best for your company (weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc.). During their routine visit, they assess your inventory, coordinate with management, take orders for supplies not routinely ordered, train staff on proper usage of products, answer questions and place an order for janitorial, paper, safety and other routine products. HDi has hundreds of customers who benefit from this service. Many customers have relied on VMI to increase productivity and efficiency at their business for over 30 years.
- You have an experienced dedicated VMI rep that knows your specific requirements.
- Reduces your company’s workload.
- Get quick answers to your questions. Because we are on site on a regular basis, often managers will have sticky notes placed by their desk with questions. This eliminates the time consuming process of calling a vendor, locating someone with an answer or solution and dispersing the information to your staff.
- Minimal involvement in the purchasing process, allowing your staff to spend more time dedicated to their key responsibilities.
- We provide training to your staff, saving your business time and money, while ensuring our products are used in the most efficient and correct manner.
- We are familiar with the location of your inventory. Often, we have customers contact our office with an immediate product need. Because your rep is familiar with your inventory and product location, we are able to help you locate products that should be in stock. Recently, we had a customer contact us needing toilet paper. Our rep was able to tell them there is toilet paper located under the stairs by the women's restroom. This saved the company time and money and helped them avoid purchasing unnecessary product.